[MEncoder-users] encode sequence of jpegs into Apple Motion JPEG-Aquicktime

David Lloyd dl1236 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 14:02:33 CEST 2006

>Lavc's MJPEG codec works fine.  No idea what format your app needs.

But I can't figure out how use this to produce quicktimes that I can open on
the Mac/Windows.

When I use
mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -o mjpeg.mov -of lavf -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg
-lavfopts format=mov

it gives a warning message:
[mov @ 0x9d1ad0]Warning, using MS style video codec tag, the file may be
unplayable!

and it is unplayable (it's OK in mplayer).

but the corresponding avi version is OK:
mencoder "mf://*.jpg" -o mjpeg.avi -of lavf -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg
-lavfopts format=avi

so is there a way of making the quicktime not have the "MS style video codec
tag".

Thanks
David