[MEncoder-users] Problems with hardware DVD player

Dr. DEF shaker_doc at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 12:40:22 CEST 2006

--- John Bovey <jdb at kent.ac.uk> wrote:
> The command I have used to create the mpg files is
> taken straight from the documentation:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts
> format=dvd -vf scale=720:576,\
> harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000
> -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:\

vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9600:vbitrate=5000:keyint=12:acodec=ac3:\
> abitrate=192:aspect=16/9 -ofps 25 \
> -o $1.mpg $1.avi
>
> Can anybody suggest anything I could do to diagnose
> the problem, or try and fix it it.

I have always used mplex(from the mjpegtools) and it
has always worked for me.
If you do not know how to dump the streams and
multiplex them with mplex then try encode2meg with the
-replex option from
http://encode2mpeg.sourceforge.net/encode2mpeg.html

DEF