[MEncoder-users] FLV8 / VP6 encoding

Rob ffmpeg at w25.nl
Sun Oct 22 17:13:35 CEST 2006

hello all, could somebody help me out with the status of Flash 7 style
FLV encoding?

I am using mencoder (mencoder-p4-svn-20258) and my commandline looks
like this:
mencoder C:\mytest.mov -o c:\test.flv -vf scale=320:240 -ovc vfw
-xvfwopts codec=vp6vfw.dll -oac mp3lame

the resulting test.flv is actually a AVI file. Now I can use the FFMpeg
with VP6 FLV Mux Patch
(http://klauspost.googlepages.com/ffmpeg-VP6-FLV.zip) to remux the avi
to flv (which works just nice).
isnt there a way to have mencoder to the muxing?

it would be awesome to have [any media file type in] --> output flv8
this especially would be useful for integration into PhpGallery (server
side conversion) so that everybody could have his own personal
mini-youtube but then with a higher quality flv files