[MEncoder-users] mencoder no sound when reading from DVD

Manuel Lemos mlemos at acm.org
Sun Oct 15 02:23:21 CEST 2006

Hello,

on 10/14/2006 08:40 PM The Wanderer said the following:

>>> You'd do well to pay attention to this warning...
>>
>> AVI is the default format.
>
> Yes, but that's not what this warning means.
>
> This warning means that "you specified a file extension other than .avi,
> but you did not specify a non-AVI muxer with the -of option, so the
> output file is an AVI with a different extension". In other words, in
> this particular case (in which your output file was '1.mpeg') it means
> "in case you didn't know it: you have NOT made an MPEG file, you have
> made an AVI file".

Oh, I see. I used KVideoEncoder, so whatever mencoder options are used
were picked by that program. I wanted to generate an MPEG 4 video with
MP3 Audio because that is what Google Video recommends.

At least in KVideoEncoder options, MPEG means MPEG 1 or 2, so that is
not what I wanted.

Anyway, Google Video accepts AVI, so I hope the filename extension is
not a problem. I will know in the next hours when Google Video approves
the video that I uploaded.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos