[MEncoder-users] Re: library for -of ogg

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Thu Oct 12 22:43:44 CEST 2006

Juga Paazmaya wrote:
> When doing Flash videos, On2 VP6 is anyway better in terms of picture
> quality than Sorenson Spark.
> That is why I am also praying for the day to come when it would be
> possible to use open source software for this, instead of buing On2
> windows only stuff.

on2 makes a linux engine for vp6 encoding.  my company has just made a
big purchase of it, which is why i asked the question about -of ogg in
the first place.  the linux version ships with a modified version of
mencoder which they use to transcode source vids into an ogg transport
stream which then gets fed to their encoding engine.  it's a big kludgy
mess involving rpc daemons and such.  having vp6 "native" in mencoder
would be so nice.

-jsd-