[MEncoder-users] Converting video to jpeg/png/... with mencoder (!)

Stefan Neufeind mencoder at stefan-neufeind.de
Tue Oct 10 20:45:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've seen several people do it with ffmpeg or mplayer on the web. But is
this something that can't be done with mencoder? I ask because I just
have everything working fine with mencoder now (all input-formats etc.)
and I would prefer to stick to one tool.

What I tried:

mencoder a-007.mpg -o x.jpg -frames 1 -of rawvideo -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=jpeg -nosound

It runs through the frames quickly - but x.jpg remains an empty file.

:-(

Any hints would be appreciated.

  Stefan