[MEncoder-users] bad sync when recording DVB

Benjamin Adler benadler at gmx.net
Tue Oct 10 20:23:36 CEST 2006

Hello!

First of all, thanks for all the replies! I just compiled MPlayer
dev-SVN-r20146-4.1.1 from svn.

> Nico Sabbi wrote:
> try -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -demuxer lavf -lavfopts probesize=128

I corrected if to say lavf*d*opts, and it produces beautiful video with
perfect a/v synchronization. Thank you guys VERY much, I've spent SO MANY
hours trying to find a way to do this, and you had the solution!

Encoding from dump.stream to x264 now also produces a nicely synched video,
but are there any reasons why I should use -dumpstream instead of lavf? It
seems mplayer doesn't respect -endpos when using it with dumpstream, so I
don't know how to record for a predefined time.

Using -mc 0 and -noskip did not improve the results.

A little off-topic: When I record TV, the aspect-ratio changes between
shows, during commercials etc. Is there a way to split the
mpeg/dump.stream-file (either while or after recording), so that each file
part has only one aspect-ratio?

thanks for your help!
ben