[MEncoder-users] bad sync when recording DVB

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Oct 9 19:47:04 CEST 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 19:04:18 +0200
"Benjamin Adler" <benadler at gmx.net> wrote:

> MEncoder 1.0pre8-4.1.1

That's getting old.  You should try a SVN snapshot before reporting
problems.

>  - specify -mc 10, as recommended on some websites

You'll have a better chance with -mc 0 and -noskip.

>    -of lavf -lavfopts
> 'format=mpg:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames' -vf
> harddup -ovc copy -oac copy

That's almost certainly wrong, since your source almost certainly does
indeed have B-frames.

> I've put up a 7mb > sample video (with quite good, but not perfect
> sync) recorded with the above command at
> http://politbuero.dyndns.org/sample.mpg.

The output is certainly not going to be helpful to anyone.  You need a
copy of the source, from which someone can replicate the problem.
You can do that using something like -dumpstream.