[MEncoder-users] Trouble reading a DVD

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Sun Oct 1 18:12:16 CEST 2006

Yesterday I recorded a movie in my dvd-recorder. Unfortunately it seems some
seconds were bad recorded. When playing in the dvd-recorder, when arrives to
that zone it just simply display some big blocks for just a moment, and then
everything goes fine. In my other dvd-player, the image freezes and then skips
some seconds and the movie goes on.

I wanted to pass the movie to xvid, but mplayer (and I think mencoder will do
the same) when arrives to the damaged area trys to read the bad sector(s)
forever. I have to kill it.

Any way to read or just skip those bad seconds?

--
Pepe