[MEncoder-users] [SOLVED] Green boxes on non-computer DVD player

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 01:28:08 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/28/06, Eli Billauer <eli at billauer.co.il> wrote:

> But frankly, with the prices of DVD blank discs today, I see no reason
> to use SVCD nor VCD anymore. So with this experiment coming to its
> successful end, and a solution for the original problem handy, I think
> it's time to leave the green boxes in peace. ;)

Not if you live in a banana republic like France. See the price of DVD
medias: http://www.ldlc.com/cat/140147.html

That's because there's a huge tax on them, which is proportional to
the storage space.

Thanks to that tax, everyone with a little practical sense orders
disks from Germany or UK, instead of buying from a local store.

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations