[MEncoder-users] DVD->AVI, file breaks at 1023MB?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 17:20:03 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/26/06, David P. Donahue <ddonahue at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> > add the -noodml option and IIRC then no need for you
> > first command line since -ovc frameno is deprecated.
>
> Testing that now, thanks!  (Of course, it'll be a while.)
>
> Something else I'm noticing that, as far as I can perceive, has no
> effect on the output (at least, not on these tests) but has me concerned
> nonetheless...
>
> When the encoding begins, I get a bunch (10 or so) of "Skipping frame!"
> messages before seeing the following:
> demux_mpg: 24000/1001fps progressive NTSC content detected, switching
> framerate.
>
> Then, during the rest of the encoding, I randomly see "1 duplicate
> frame(s)!" a few dozen times throughout the process.
>
> I don't really know much about this stuff, and so far my Googling hasn't
> found anything that I've been able to fully understand.  Is there
> something I need to know about what's happening here?

Simple, just RTFM:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-telecine.html#menc-feat-telecine-ident

and:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-telecine.html#menc-feat-telecine-encode

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations