[MEncoder-users] Why Mencoder's mpeg output can not be

DD DD d2ncal2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 06:38:02 CET 2006

On 11/22/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:53:48 -0800
> "DD DD" <d2ncal2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It works pretty well, and am able to play the file in windows media
> > player fine. However, im having some AV sync issues.. any idea how to
> > fix it?
>
> -vf harddup may help.  But really, I would recomend dumping the
> audio/video to seperate files, and muxing with mplex, tcmplex, or
> similar.

Used this:

ffmpeg -i t.flv -acodec mp2  t.mp2
ffmpeg -i t.flv -an -vcodec mpeg1video t.m1v
mplex -r 640 -f 0 -o t.mpg t.mp2 t.m1v

However, the av sync is really bad now, even worst than not using mplex.

If i specify a specific bitrate while extracting the video, mplex starts
giving 'Frame data under-runs detected' errors till the bitrate is increased
to a very very high number. And even so, the final a/v is not synced.

Its the same if i extract the video using mencoder.
D.