[MEncoder-users] High quality MPEG4 encoding of interlaced DV source

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Sun Nov 26 01:17:43 CET 2006

El Sábado, 25 de Noviembre de 2006 17:10, Pierre Catello escribió:
> PS: I uploaded a 40 MB dv clip typical of the sources I'm working with
> there
>
> http://dl-3.free.fr/52616e646f6d4956f738096b7a28013e3337dd4f4a52bf83fa18570
>97ae4dc54/132.dv.avi

I'm not an expert at all, but I downloaded your sample and I think this
command gives a good quality (creates an xvid):

mencoder -noodml -o output.avi \
  -oac mp3lame -lameopts vol=0:mode=1:cbr:br=128 \
  -ovc xvid \
  -xvidencopts bitrate=4000:pass=2:max_bframes=2 \
  -vf-add yadif  \
  -force-avi-aspect 4:3 \
  132.dv.avi

I think the deinterlacing is good. Maybe there's a little loss of quality in
the water but it's not very noticeable.

--
Pepe