[MEncoder-users] framerate control question

rob pfile pfile at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 22 22:28:36 CET 2006

RC wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:33:41 -0800
> pfile at pacbell.net wrote:
>
> > seriously, as mencoder stands all the existing ways of doing 60p-
> >24p
> > are a tad   convoluted and not accurate without a lot of
> > experimentation   (decimate=2 comes to mind...)
>
> Again, you shouldn't assume that problems you are having are
> universal...
>
> Search the archives for numerous reports of success with 60fps
> materials...

i think you are probably right that the source of my duped/skipped
frames has always been due to the a/v sync code. but without writing
a filter that turfs exactly the right number of frames, i couldnt be
sure that was the case.

still, i feel better that i have a filter that does exactly the right
thing with no tweaking.

so is -mc 0.042 -noskip the right thing to do? i find that without
this, mencoder is constantly adjusting the sync and skipping/duping.

rob