[MEncoder-users] framerate control question

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Nov 22 01:41:01 CET 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:15:34 -0800 (PST)
Trent Piepho <xyzzy at speakeasy.org> wrote:

> seems like the mc value is the amount of extra time mplayer will show
> a frame for to slow down the video.  I'm not really show how this
> translates into how mencoder decides if it needs to add or drop a
> frame.

Pretty much the same...  If your -mc value is smaller than the display
time, it won't skip a frame until the A/V difference accumulates (after
multiple frames are out of sync in the same direction).  If your -mc
value is large, it may skip several frames at a time to reach
immediate sync.