[MEncoder-users] Why Mencoder's mpeg output can not be

DD DD d2ncal2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 22:12:20 CET 2006

Is there any way that we can encode a video to a (avi / mpeg / wmv) format
on linux that will play on a freshly installed windows XP box? (without
needing to install ffdshow, etc). It works when ffdshow is installed, but
was hoping for a more 'supported' codec.

I tried the options given in documentation (and this email thread), and they
don't seem to work :(.

D.