[MEncoder-users] pullup filter segfaults on amd64

Dieter freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com
Wed Nov 8 09:27:56 CET 2006

> Using the pullup filter on my amd64 3500+ causes mencoder to segfault

> There is no problem on my x86 machine...

Obviously the code is not 64 bit clean.

Step one: make sure you are compiling with at *least*
-Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes
turned on.  Fix all the warnings these generate.

Step two: Fix the remaining warnings, especially the ones about pointer
and integer of different size.

Chances are this will fix the problem.  If not, you can inspect the
code by hand, or compile with -g and use the debugger.