[MEncoder-users] Incorrect audio sample rate

Jack Collins jayjaysee at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 12:49:33 CET 2006

Hello All,

I use the Windows build of mplayer/mencoder from the
command line.

I have music video files ripped from an NTSC DVD.  As
such, the audio is usually encoded 48000hz AC3 at
around 224kbps.

On one file only, mplayer plays the audio at slow
speed.  It uses 32000hz and 640kbps!

It also reports errors as follows, a52: CRC check
failed! and a52: error at resampling.  The file is
obviously messed up.

Is it possible to ignore the errors and override the
audio settings?

P.S. In mplayer, I am able to hear the audio correctly
by switching to 2X playback speed and then back to 1X
speed.  But, this doesn't help me with mencoder.
Also, thank you very much for mplayer and mencoder.  I
use and recommend them everyday!