[MEncoder-users] Specifying ranges on multiple input files (was Re: How to specify an action range in mencoder?)

Enzo v.deflorio at katamail.com
Sat Nov 4 18:00:34 CET 2006

Dear Guillaume,

thank you very much. Sorry that I did not RTFM first!

Now, if I may ask your help again (after having RTFM'ed and checked for
the feature ;-) :

Would it be possible to run mencoder specifying more than an input file
and, for each of them, specifying an (-ss, -endpos) couple?

I mean, something like this:

mencoder -ovc /somecodec/ -o output.h264 -ss 2:48 -endpos 55:00
input1.mpg -ss 1:12 -endpos 55:02  input2.mpg -ss 3:55 -endpos 54:58
input3.mpg

whose semantics should be "run mencoder on input1.mpg, starting at
2'48'' and for 55'; then continue with input2.mpg, starting at 1'12''
and for 55'02''; then continue with input3.mpg, starting at 3'55'' and
for 54'58''."

I think the one above would be an interesting extra feature for mencoder
-- if it is actually missing, I mean.

Thanks for your tips!

Cheers,

Enzo.