[MEncoder-users] What's the special about the I-frames in libavcodec?

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Fri Nov 3 18:08:04 CET 2006

El Viernes, 3 de Noviembre de 2006 02:59, Xi Chen escribió:
> Pepe wrote:
> >> Try to use keyint with a lower value. May be the default (250) is too
> >> high for your player. The manual suggest <=132 for a strict MPEG-1/2/4
> >> compliance.
> >
> > I've just tried with keyint=100 and then keyint=10. Nothing changed. The
> > same result :-(
>
> Just a wild guess. Is it possible that your dvd player requires your
> mpeg4 files to have closed GOP? xvid defaults to cgop but lavc does not.
> Try to add -lavcopts cgop:sc_threshold=1000000000
>
> The second option disables the scene detection since lavc does not
> support cgop with scene detection atm.

You've been very close to the solution. With those options the video plays
well except for the very first frames. When I press play, during a little
moment the screen is full of strange colors, or if I played another video
before I can see the latest frame of that video instead. It's like the dvd
wouldn't clear the screen before playing the video. But this doesn't happen
with xvid.

Any idea about how to fix this little problem?

--
Pepe