[MEncoder-users] Mencoder support for multiple audio tracks and subtitle tracks

Oded Arbel oded at geek.co.il
Tue May 30 20:52:46 CEST 2006

Hi.

I'm trying to use mencoder to convert a Matroska file to AVI (and
possibly convert the audio/video format, but that isn't important). The
problem is that the mkv file contains two audio tracks (different
languages) and two subtitles tracks (same). I would like to generate an
AVI file which contains all the tracks from the mkv file.

I tried to run
mencoder orig.mkv -o out.avi -oac copy -ovc copy -aid 0 -aid 1 -sid 0
-sid 1
but that only got me an avi file with the second audio track and no
subtitles (at least when played back with mencoder) is there a way to
get mencoder to handle more then one audio track ?

TIA

--
Oded
::..