[MEncoder-users] Problem with hardcoding subtitles into a movie

Eli Crumrine zybhjk at verizon.net
Mon May 29 18:54:12 CEST 2006

Виктор Кожухаров <vkojouharov at gmail.com> | Mon, 29 May 2006 01:27:18
+0300

> It does say
> something about vobsubs. So does that mean that there's no way to
> enlarge the subs in the resulting output?

Yes, that is correct.  Your video has subtitles in a bitmap format
rather than text.  You will not be able to do any fancy font
manipulation.  If you really want to get them into a text-based format
(which IMO, is far preferable) you will have to put the subs through
OCR software.  The best I have found for this purpose is subrip.  It is
a windows program, but works under wine.  You may be able to cobble
together a linux solution as well.
--
Eli C.
2006:05:29