[MEncoder-users] Problem with hardcoding subtitles into a movie

Виктор Виктор
Sun May 28 13:00:30 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to hardcode subtitles into an avi, where the source is a mkv
movie with embeded subtitles. I'm using this command to do it:

mencoder $movie -alang jpn -sid 1 -subpos 100 -subfont-text-scale 6
-subwidth 100 -subalign 2 -subfont-osd-scale 8 -subfont-autoscale 3
-spuaa 20 -spualign 2 -fontconfig -font 'DejaVu Sans' -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac pcm -o $temp

with the last mplayer snapshot.  The problem is, that I can't change the
subtitle font size. Whatever I put into the -subfont-text-scale and
-subfont-osd-scale options seems to be ignored. -font also seems to be
ignored. And the resulting hardcoded font size is too small to be read
on the intended screen. Is there something I'm missing here? Mencoder
doesn't say that there are any errors at all.
--
Виктор Кожухаров /Viktor Kojouharov/ <vkojouharov at gmail.org>