[MEncoder-users] Sizing JPEGs Correctly For Any Dimension

Robert Sandie sandieman at gmail.com
Sat May 27 04:15:13 CEST 2006

This may be a beginner question but I am having a problem with our current
image generation solution.

We are trying to make the images scale after encoding.
Right now we our current commands don't scale or put in "black area's in the
top of the video". There has to be a technical term for what youtube does
very well:

http://static15.youtube.com/vi/OspppTi11ak/2.jpg

Does anyone know the appropriate command to generate this with mencoder from
any source (AVI,MOV, etc)?

Is ImageMagick required here if we only need one image output?

- rob