[MEncoder-users] Flash rotation help

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed May 24 23:19:54 CEST 2006

Sean Brady wrote:
> Well, I've built and installed the version you've suggested.... and
> here's what I'm getting:
>
> mencoder af71553950feea9afc64fab063e34b5e.flv -vf rotate -oac copy -ovc
> lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv -o rotated.flv -of lavf -lavfopts
> format=flv:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
>

> MEncoder dev-CVS--3.4.4 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

Something is wrong here. There should be a number indicating the CVS
date, like:

MEncoder dev-CVS-060516-3.4.4

It looks like the version generation script is getting messed up because
the CVS snapshot doesn't have a CVS/Entries file. If you need to ask for
help later, once Subversion is up and running on the new server, you
should build yourself a new binary so that whoever helps you can tell
what version you're running.

> CPU:         Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz (Family: 6, Model:
> 13, Stepping: 8)
> CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
> Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
>
> Option of: Unknown suboption lavf
> Error parsing option on the command line: -of
>
> Exiting... (error parsing command line)

Did you copy the libavformat directory from the ffmpeg snapshot?

1. Download the mplayer and ffmpeg snapshots.
2. Untar them both.
3. copy libav* from the ffmpeg directory into the mplayer directory.
4. build as usual.

> Any ideas?  Thanks again for the help!

No problem. Please don't top-post.
http://mailformat.dan.info/quoting/top-posting.html