[MEncoder-users] Encoding in vp6 with vfw - floating point exception

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue May 23 20:06:23 CEST 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006 17:19:52 +0200
sentenza <sentenza9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> # mencoder Corbeil-reportage-1.mov -o test.flv -vf scale=320:240 -ovc
> vfw -v4wopts codec=vp6vfw.dll -oac mp3lame

You call it "test.flv", but you're still making an AVI file...  See the
"-of" option.

> But when I encode I have a floating point exception.

Me too.

> So someone can help-me to solve this problem ?

Nope.  VP6 simply doesn't work for encoding (which is quite normal), and
probably needs a lot of patching to get it to work.  I don't think
anyone is interested in the job.

VP3, VP4, and VP7 work... purely as a matter of dumb luck.