[MEncoder-users] Encoding in vp6 with vfw - floating point exception

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Tue May 23 17:37:08 CEST 2006

On 5/23/06, sentenza <sentenza9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to encode video with vp6 codec. My OS is linux Debian 3.1 and I use
> mplayer  1.0pre7try2-3.3.5 version.
>
> For this I use the folliwing command line :
> # mencoder Corbeil-reportage-1.mov -o test.flv -vf scale=320:240 -ovc vfw
> -v4wopts codec=vp6vfw.dll -oac mp3lame
>
> To use vfw options I followed
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/38781/focus
> to use vfw options.
> That's OK.

For what it's worth: the doc now has a section that documents a bit
better vfw codec usage:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-video-for-windows.html

If ever you see smth missing that you'd like to add, please send a patch.

Other than that I don't use these codecs, so I really can't help you... :(

Guillaume

--
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill