[MEncoder-users] Seeking information on how to packetize H.263 bitstream

Wiese, Hendrik hendrik.wiese at siemens.com
Mon May 15 11:02:27 CEST 2006

Hello,

I urgently need help on how to packetize an H.263 bitstream into RTP
payloads. I need to know how to split a H.263 bitstream into packets of
H.263 Header and H.263 Payload. I don't know much about codecs so I need
any kind of help.

- What does H.263 bitstream mean?
- Does it already contain H.263 headers?
- Do I have to put a header in front of the payload by myself?
- Where do I get the data needed to fill the fields in a H.263 header if
I really need it?
- Where do I have to split the bitstream?
- How do I recognize the positions inside the stream where to split it?

As you may see, I really don't know much about H.263 encoding... so any
kind of beginners help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

regards,
H. Wiese