AW: [MEncoder-users] Encode raw QCIF 25fps 24Bit AVI to raw RTPpayload dump

Wiese, Hendrik hendrik.wiese at siemens.com
Wed May 10 12:56:46 CEST 2006

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: mencoder-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu [mailto:mencoder-users-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] Im Auftrag von RC
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2006 01:53
An: MEncoder usage discussions
Betreff: Re: [MEncoder-users] Encode raw QCIF 25fps 24Bit AVI to raw RTPpayload dump

On Wed, 3 May 2006 09:31:34 +0200
"Wiese, Hendrik" <hendrik.wiese at siemens.com> wrote:

> I already tried something like this:
>
> bash# mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vbitrate=50 -lavcopts
> vcodec=h263p foreman.avi -of rawvideo -o foreman.rtp

You can't have multiple -lavcopts on the command-line,  seperate each
option with a ":".  50 is an incredibly low bitrate.  Are you sure
that's what you want?

Besides that, I don't know.  I'm not having any problems with a similar
command-line (using CVS mencoder).

It doesn't change anything. With my version which is 1.0pre7 IIRC,
I get some missing frames. MPlayer tells me there are 150 frames
in the source video and 150 frames in the destination video, but
the dest. video (started at the same time as the source video) ends
hardly noticable before the source video. So there are a few frames
missing and I can't figure out what kicked 'em to Nirvana.

The position where the dest. video stops depends on the bitrate I
used for encoding. With a bitrate of 50 which is incredibly low as
you said it stops nearly 3 seconds before the source. With a bitrate
of 128000 I get a nearly invisible delay between both ends. But it's
still there. The delay doesn't behave proportionally to the selected
bitrate. Sometimes it's more, sometimes less... I can't find any
pattern in this behavior.

There mustn't be any kind of delay caused by the encoder in this
process since we need the source and destination videos to do a PEVQ
analysis
(http://www.opticom.de/technology/pevq_video-quality-testing.html).

I hope somebody can help me solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
H. Wiese