[MEncoder-users] Re: Extracting DVD-audio?

EC zybhjk at verizon.net
Wed May 3 00:46:11 CEST 2006

Tue, 02 May 2006 17:44:56 -0400 | Jay Summet <jay at summet.com>

> Ok, so I mounted the DVD and it doesn't have an AUDIO_TS directory (sucky...).
> Even in debug verbose mode, xine doesn't seem to show a track number or whatnot...
>
> What exactly IS the dvd-menu patch? Does it allow mplayer to play menus (and the
> user to click through them?  That might work, at least to give me the track number.
>
> I'm basically asking if I should be using any special command line arguments
> (aside from dvd://#) to access the audio portion of the DVD.

You should take a look at "lsdvd".  It will list the various titles and
relevant information on a dvd disc.

Care to offer more explanation of what you are trying to do?  You
aren't by chance using one of those rare super-audio-dvds (or whatever
they're called), are you?

And please, don't top-post and have the text you are replying to
correctly quoted, as that makes for much easier reading and
responding.  Thunderbird should be capable of that no problem :) (even
if they don't do in-reply-to headers... grr)

--
Tue:May:02:06
Eli C.