[MEncoder-users] x264 file playback is too slow!

Raphael mencoder at lesshaste.plus.com
Sat Mar 25 16:35:44 CET 2006

> Add '-frames X', where X is '<FPS of source file> * 120'.

This options seems to be broken (unless I made a dumb mistake).

I did

 mplayer -frames 3000 k3b_image.iso -ao pcm:file=k3b.wav -vc null -vo
null -benchmark

and it carried on encoding way past 120 seconds until I killed it.  The
film is 25 fps.

Also, from a later post I think that this method is generally buggy
(slow and complaining for no reason while not stressing cpu or disk).

Raphael