[MEncoder-users] x264 file playback is too slow!

some one Ma3x at KORNMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 22 20:36:36 CET 2006

Hi, I'm running debian sid @ P4 2,3 GHz CPU.
I encoded a raw DV file to x264 using the following command:
mencoder -ovc x264 -oac mp3lame -aspect 4/3 -x264encopts subq=6:4x4mv:8x8dct:me=3:frameref=5:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b -lameopts q=0:preset=insane -vf pp=ci -o mencoder.mp4 dvgrab-001.dv

Now when I try to play the file with mplayer, it's too slow and I get this message:
           **** Your system is too SLOW to play this!  ****
I tried all the recommendations like:
-framedrop
-nodouble -lavdopts skiploopfilter=all
-nosound (with this option the slow CPU warning doesn't show up, but playback is still too slow)
-vfm ffmpeg -lavdopts lowres=1:fast:skiploopfilter=all

I cut 10 secs out of the x264 file, so here I paste the link:
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0IUHBNNSVPXIA0DGYBMN7RNU27

Please help me out with this.
why is the playback so slow? Did I do the encoding wrong or what's wrong with the playback? I don't think the CPU is too slow, and it's %95 idle before I play the file.

thanks!
long live mplayer + x264