[MEncoder-users] asf 2 asf (wmv)?

Lennart Börjeson Lennart.Borjeson at cinnober.com
Wed Mar 22 17:35:24 CET 2006

onsdag 22 mars 2006 17:05 skrev SZABO Zsolt:

> I have also tried to reencode it in avi container with mpeg4, but its
> quality is much poorer than that of the original wmv file. (There was a
> huge amount of duplicate frames during the encoding, and small blocks are
> noticeable...)
>
> Any hint how to solve this problem?

The basic reencoding problem is that wmv streams have variable framerate.
Since the stream is probably made from a movie clip, the average framerate
should be 30fsp (or 25, etc). Play the whole clip, count the frames, divide
by the time and you have a frame rate which at least will let both audio and
video end at the same time, even if you'll lose a/v sync on the way...

/Lennart

> Zs

!++
! Lennart Börjeson