[MEncoder-users] FAAD throwing an infinite loop of errors with "-mc 0"

Chris Putnam chrisputnam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 07:02:18 CET 2006

I'm trying to convert NSV files to FLV using mencoder. I could not get
the videos to encode with correct audio sync unless I set -mc 0 on the
command line. This is my current command line:

mencoder ghost.nsv -fps 30 -ofps 30 -noskip -o output.flv -af-adv
force=3 -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=24:mode=3 -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=150:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:last_pred=3
-mc 0

The output file is created, and the sync is correct. However, mplayer
never exits. It just sits there looping this series of messages (the
first line is only visible in high verbosity mode):

ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: audio)
FAAD: error: Unable to find ADTS syncword, trying to resync!
FAAD: Failed to decode frame: Unable to find ADTS syncword

I have to kill -9 the process to stop the messages. My output file is
properly created, so that's good, but I can't automate this system due
to the errors.

You can recreate this error by downloading the .nsv file from
http://gbs.tv/ghost.nsv and executing the command line from above. I
am using v1.0pre7try2, downloaded today.

I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
Chris Putnam