[MEncoder-users] File not found error?

Jeff Sherk - Kingdom Alarms kingdomalarms at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 03:02:34 CEST 2006

  When I run the line below from the command line, the first thing it
says is "FILE NOT FOUND", but then it continues to strip the audio
out of the video file perfectly (the output MP3 file works fine). I'm
not sure what "file" it can't find is, but it doesn't seem to need
the file anyway. Just thought I'd advise you of this possible
problem.

mencoder MyVideoFile.avi -of rawaudio -oac mp3lame -ovc copy -o
MyAudioFile.mp3 -lameopts cbr:br=16:mode=3 -srate 16000

  And on a seperate note, even though the output is audio only, it
still requires me to use the '-ovc' option. If the purpose of the
'-of rawaudio' option is to extract audio only, then there should be
no need for the '-ovc' option. There's probably a reason for it that
I don't know about, but once again I just wanted to advise you of
this issue.