[MEncoder-users] Help with Floating Point Exception Error

jer mencoder at jer-peterson.com
Sat Jun 24 21:09:56 CEST 2006

That makes sense, but the problem I have is that freevo uses that
command to record shows.  The way you are telling me to approach this is
to manually set the channel first.  This negates the possibility of
using any kind of pvr with the ivtv drivers unless I make a script
unless one is written.

That being said, if you are pointing my problem to a yuv format not
being supported, why do I get this error with any tv:// options I use?

I have been searching for over three weeks on how to fix this.  So far,
I have not found a viable solution even though my Hauppauge PVR-150 card
is supposedly a good choice.

The goal is to get the freevo record server to work and automatically
tune the channel.  So far I have not found specific documentation in the
freevo or google search of how to do this.  I have followed what I have
read, but things have changed since those documentation were written.
They use v4l, not v4l2.  Also I am using Debian Etch, no new
documentation seems to support this.  Even older versions of any flavor
of linux documentation works because of so many changes.  I feel like I
am not reading anything carefully enough, but I read over and over again
and things don't line up.

Mencoder should give better error messages about why tv:// wont work.  I
cant search google for tv://.  I need help in narrowing this problem
down, I have searched and searched on my own for three weeks and now I
am at a loss of what to do.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you
so much for your time!