[MEncoder-users] Assertion `picture_number<rcc->num_entries' failed.

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Sat Jun 24 17:52:16 CEST 2006

Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> writes:

>> > 2. it's known that audio params must be identical for both passes.
>>
>> It may be known, but this point is not mentioned in mencoder's man page.
>> (at least, not in vpass section)
>
> Hmm, it should be mentioned somewhere... are you sure it's not?

Let's see:
- mplayer-doc/HTML/en/menc-feat-mpeg4.html : example shows same
  audio parameters but does not mention that it's mandatory
- mencoder(1) divx4 pass and vbrpass parameter: nope
- mencoder(1) lavc vpass and vbrpass parameter: nope. Even worse,
  we're told to disable CPU hungry options. It's *really* tempting to
  apply this advice to audio encoding (why encode audio twice ?)
- mencoder(1) xvidenc pass: nope.
- mencoder(1) x264 pass: nope.

Since maplyer man page is HUGE, it's still possible that I missed this
information somewhere, but I doubt it.

>> Ideally, it should be enforced by mencoder.
>
> How? It's impossible since the first-pass file need not even be
> kept...

Like "The Wanderer" suggested, it should be possible to store the
first pass command line in the log file or in another file.

I mention "should" since I do not know the architecture of mencoder.

Cheers