[MEncoder-users] Re: Tv audio

Paul Arthur flowerysong00 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 04:16:35 CEST 2006

On 2006-06-23, Larry <larrywyb at widgeteye.homeip.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to record television with full sound without it coming
> through the speakers? I want to record from the television with full
> sound but I don't want it playing through the speakers while I'm recording.

mencoder <videosource> -oac copy -ovc copy -o out.avi

> I want to be able to play the file, (with mplayer) that is being recorded
> (by mencoder) at the same time I am recording it.

mplayer out.avi

Interesting options that you might want to try (for more information on
these and many other exciting command line options, see your friendly
neighbourhood man page):

-nosound

-ao null

> OK?    :)

Ok.  If this email fails to answer your questions, please consider how
you might best help us to help you.  For instance, some information on
your setup (MPlayer and hardware) and what you've tried and in what manner
it failed to work.

--
"I'm returning this note to you, instead of your paper, because it (your
paper) presently occupies the bottom of my bird cage."