[MEncoder-users] Assertion `picture_number<rcc->num_entries' failed.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jun 21 19:18:52 CEST 2006

Rich Felker wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 03:20:49PM +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:
>
>> Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> writes:

>>> 2. it's known that audio params must be identical for both
>>> passes.
>>
>> It may be known, but this point is not mentioned in mencoder's man
>> page. (at least, not in vpass section)

>> Ideally, it should be enforced by mencoder.
>
> How? It's impossible since the first-pass file need not even be
> kept...

Trivial: store some means of checking for the audio parameters used in
the first pass (either the parameters themselves, or a checksum of them,
or similar) in the pass-log file. If the parameters provided on the
second pass are not the same, provide a warning and fail out (without
deleting the file, obviously).

This is not necessarily an ideal solution, but I see no reason why it
shouldn't work.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.