[MEncoder-users] encapsulating mp3 into MPEG-TS

scostas scostas at det.uvigo.es
Wed Jun 21 13:25:48 CEST 2006

Nico Sabbi wrote:

Hi Nico

> mencoder still wants a video stream

With -ovc frameno? Yes, still wants a video stream.

[raw MP2 instead of MP3]
>> Yes, I tried, but it doesn't work :(

It shows a blank screen without sound, like when sending a MPEG-PS, a
MP3 file...

>> I tried FFMpeg and it sucedeed to create the MPEG-TS with audio only,
>> but the STB still dislikes the stream.

> what doesn't it like, precisely?

The set-top-box allows only MPEG-TS files for video. I created an
MPEG-TS file with only one audio stream in MP2 format, but it doesn't work.

>> Is possible to add just one video
>> frame at start?

> unrelated

The idea is to try if sending first one frame at the start of the
stream, and continue only with the audio stream works.

Thanks.