[MEncoder-users] grabbing video from tv

Larry larrywyb at widgeteye.homeip.net
Mon Jun 19 03:24:24 CEST 2006

I'm trying to figure out how to grab video from the tv stream while the tv
is playing on mplayer.

I know you can record from the tv by starting the tv with mencoder.

What I am trying to do is grab a chunk of video while mplayer is playing
the tv.  Like, say I'm watching a show and want to pause while I go
to the john then restart when I get back.

Please don't tell me about other programs I can use like freevo, I
already know about that. I am trying to write something that is a
little simpler than the megalith freevo.

All I want to know at this time is wheather there is a way to grab
tv stream from mplayer while it is already playing.

Thanks.

YoRe FriNd,

Larry

--
LINUX is simple. It just takes a genius to understand its simplicity.