[MEncoder-users] Playing mencoder encoder movie in other players

Abu Zaher zaher14 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 04:19:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

i know this is a simple problem, but i cant get a way around it:

I have ripped a dvd which sizes about 1.34 GB with xvid coidec and
-ffoucc DX50 option, the file obvious plays fine with mplayer, but
when i try 2 play it on windows no other player can play this file. i
have both divx and ffdshow codec installed. So i think any player
should be able 2 play that file

To my surprise, when i encode the movie with a lower bitrate 2 make
that a 700MB file with same options (-ovc xvid and -ffourcc DX50) the
file plays fine, even with the "DIVX Player".

At this point my guees is that for some reason any file more than 1GB
is not playable with other player in my pc, What's wrong? Have anybody
encountered the same type of problem?

i am using the MPlayer-mingw32-1.0pre7.exe at this moment.