[MEncoder-users] Encoding DVB-T TS file to AVI/MPG

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 15:19:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/10/06, Kevin Davies <kevin.davies at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am enconding a DVB-T Transport Stream capture to AVI and it wont play on
> XBMC (XBox Media Center)
> I tried .mpg as an output filename and it also did not work.
>
> Mencoder file.ts -oac copy -ovc copy -o file.avi -endpos 60
>
> What am I doing wrong? Probably something simple.

You are not encoding anything with that command! You're just dumping
both audio and video of you .ts file into an avi.

Please follow the DVD encoding guide to do what you are trying to do:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-mpeg4.html
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4.html

Guillaume
--
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill