[MEncoder-users] Re: Re:"a52:error in resampling"

Andrew Lee matthew12.36 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 15:55:15 CEST 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 18:42:18 -0400
"Andrew Lee" <matthew12.36 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have mencoder 1.1.0 running on an ARM processor (my Sharp Zaurus C1000).
> Whenever I try to rip audio from a DVD, I get an error "a52: error in
> resampling" is this a problem because of the speed of my device, or
because
> of a bug in Mencoder?  Thanks!

>>Does the audio work ok, despite the message? I get such errors when
>>playing/ripping DVDs when there's a problem reading the disk. My DVD-ROM
>>drive is flaky; sometimes cleaning the disk helps.

>>Your issue might be different, but I thought I'd mention what I've seen.

>>-Corey

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 18:42:18 -0400
"Andrew Lee" <matthew12.36 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have mencoder 1.1.0 running

No such version, AFAIK.

> Whenever I try to rip audio from a DVD, I get an error "a52: error in
> resampling" is this a problem because of the speed of my device, or
> because of a bug in Mencoder?

"Speed" doesn't matter one bit when encoding, only during playback.

That's not to say it's definately a bug; you could certainly be doing
something strange with mencoder to cause that error.

I don't know how to put the three replies together correctly, so please help
me so I know for the future.
The version of Mencoder (1.1.0) was probably created by the developer of the
Cacko Rom for Sharp Zaurus.  It is an ipk file, for pdas running linux.
the command line I'm using: mencoder -dvd-device /dev/scd0 dvd://2 -oac lavc
-lavcopts acodec=mp3:abitrate=96 -ovc frameno -o frameno.avi
Also, it gives the same "a52: error in resampling" when I try to play the
DVD (it doesn't work too well on the pda, way too high of a bitrate), and
all I hear is scrambled noises every few seconds.  Is this maybe because I
don't have libdvdcss installed and it is encrypted?
I may need to try and recompile mencoder from scratch, but I'm not sure how
to do that for the ARM processor, does anyone have suggestions?