[MEncoder-users] coredumping with latest svn build
mplayer01 at dgmm.net
Thu Jun 8 13:45:39 CEST 2006
On Wednesday 07 June 2006 15:46, Dieter wrote:
> > > > Using
> > > > mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf w=3D320:h=3D240:fps=3D25:type=3Djpg -ovc lavc
> > > > -=
> > lavcopts
> > > > vcodec=3Dmpeg4 -oac copy -o output.avi
> > > >
> > > > from the docs
> > > > file:///usr/local/share/doc/mplayer/menc-feat-enc-images.html
> > > >
> > > > gives
> > > >
> > > > mencoder: No match.
> > >
> > > IIRC, "No match" is a csh message. =A0Your script uses /bin/sh.
> > > You probably have different PATHs.
> > The files are in the current directory unless mplayer is looking
> > elsewhere.= I=20
> > went back to MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.2 (from FreeBSD ports tree) and
> > it's=20 working just fine again using the same command line.
> I think I've figured it out. It is (probably) a difference in how sh and
> csh treat the '*' wildcard if it doesn't match any files.
> Assuming you don't have a directory called mf: that contains a .jpg
> file, then sh and csh would act differently.
> $ echo mf://*.jpg
> $ csh
> % echo mf://*.jpg
> echo: No match.
> I *knew* it was csh's fault! :-)
I noticed a discrepancy between the html docs and the man page. In one the
mf://*.jpg is unquoted, in the other it's quoted. I tried both with the same
I don't really see how the shell could be affecting it as it works just fine
using MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.2. The problem only occurred when I upgraded
to latest SVN code. Downgrading back to MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.2 and
everything is fine again.
I need to compare the configure switches I used with SVN and with the FreeBSD
port of MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-3.4.2
More information about the MEncoder-users