[MEncoder-users] Fwd: Questions on Mencoder performace

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Tue Jun 6 01:19:53 CEST 2006

How well does lavc work on slower machines?  When you get right down to
it, it has to play on a slower machine, so if faster re-encoiding
results in a file that won't work as well on a slower machine, then
I'll stick with slower encoding.  I also usually look for wide screen
since I use them with a projector as well.

As for '-oac copy' that just copies the MP2 audio.  That would make the
file size larger than using MP3,correct?  Will that work better on a
slower system?

A friend has a P4 Xeon 2.8Ghz, and he gets around 50 first pass and
25-30 second pass.  That's why I am wondering.  We haven't been able to
check since his system is a Xeon and mine isn't....