[MEncoder-users] How to Change FPS on a Broken TS Stream?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Mon Jun 5 15:41:43 CEST 2006

Bill Adams wrote:

> The reason that I want to encode the material to 1280x720 is that is
> the native resolution of my projector. The scale=1280:720 is
> unnecessary for the ABC material as it is already that resolution but
> the OPB/PBS Secrets of the Dead stream is 1080i so I am down-sampling
> it and deinterlacing it to the native resolution of my projector. This
> is why I do not use the format=dvd option. I tried that option on the
> bad stream and it did not help.

use :muxrate=36000 or higher (it's harmless and fixes the scr issues)

> > Do you know that you are getting good reception of ABC?
>
> My reception according to "dtvsignal 43" (ABC in my area Portland OR)
> reports 94-98%.
>
> I have some NBC streams from Conan. They are 1920x1080 and transcode
> fine with e.g.:
> mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg2video:vqscale=4:dia=4:keyint=20 -vf pp=fp -of mpeg -o
> Test.mpg Conan-OBrien-Tue.ts
>

> A question: How did you find these video packets full of zeros? Is
> there an easy way I can filter them without breaking the video stream?
> (Or RTFM link)? I have a strange feeling that if I get rid of those
> packets/video frames (or fix getatsc to properly detect null packets)
> the problem I see will go away.
>
> Thanks again everyone.
>
> b.

that sample if perfectly integer, but it has a framerate reported as 59.94.
Most likely it's 30000/1001 with soft telecining (using the progressive
sequence flag).
I could encode it smoothly adding -fps 30000/1001 -ofps 30000/1001
(sometimes, due to rounding errors, you have to add :vstrict=-2 to
-lavcopts)

 Sponsor:
 Gioca e vinci con Cesar: trova la ciotola ed è subito tuo il prezioso kit per la tavola del tuo cagnolino
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5331&d=5-6