[MEncoder-users] ascii video

Mon Jul 31 15:50:11 CEST 2006

Hi Tobias Lee!

 On 2006.08.01 at 00:58:45 +1200, Tobias Lee wrote next:

> ./mplayer -vo caca -framedrop film.mov
>
> what i want to do is save this ascii video to file,
>
> the source of the original format is 720x576 pal 25fps
> and this is the format i would like to save the ascii as,
>
> my guess is i need to pipe it to mencoder to save the file but I'm
> unsure how,
>
> anyone know?

You won't be able to do this with mplayer/mencoder alone, you'll need
some tool that captures video from your desktop.. You'll have to recode
it with mencoder then.

Look at xvidcap, if it isn't good enough, search for similar
applications at
http://freshmeat.net/browse/126/
http://freshmeat.net/browse/104/

--