[MEncoder-users] MPEG2 problem on standalon DVD player

Gennady Ovcharov henadzi.aucharou at vpi-minsk.com
Tue Jul 25 12:18:44 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm having problem to play in my standalone DVD player (Panasonic S49)
a mpeg2 file made with mencoder.
On TV screen I see appearance "light green square blocks".
If I see mpeg2 file on my computer with mplayer - all fine.

I made:
step1:
    input stream - AVI source (1.avi)
step2:
    tunning mencoder for producing MPEG2+AC3 output file:
        mencoder -vf scale=720:576,harddup -of mpeg -mpegopts \
            format=dvd -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -ofps 25 \
            -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:aspect=4/3: \
            vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=4900:keyint=15: \
            acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:trell:mbd=2:dc=10:cbp:mv0 1.avi -o 1.mpg
result: high quality MPEG2+AC3 file (if play on computer with mplayer)
step3:
    Using "DVDlab 1.53 Pro" for authorizing DVD image included 1.mpg
step4:
    Burn DVD-Video disk with Nero 7

Result of my works see above :(

I think maybe problem with my standalone player. I repeat all steps,
but used Canopus ProCoder 2 as transcode tool.
Result - surprise! All fine. And standalone player and computer.

If to say the truth, best quality file, that file produced with mencoder :)

Probably anybody know the how and why of things.

Which parameters should I tune in mencoder to correct this problems?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english,

Gennady
auchahen at vpi-minsk.com