[MEncoder-users] intel mac support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Jul 23 10:01:56 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 11:53:25PM -0700, Corey Hickey wrote:
> patches. There might have been some a while back that never got cleaned
> up enough for inclusion, but I may be getting mixed up with something
> different.

They got stuck at various places, e.g. in the case of ffmpeg if it's
worth supporting the completely non-standard binutils Apple had to
create or if we should just tell everyone to wait for Gnu binutils to be
ported.
Some developers (at least I) are quite pissed that Apple all the time
has to reinvent the wheel and make things really hard for everyone who
creates programs that are supposed to run on non-OSX, too. This
certainly reduces the willingness to accept hacks as solutions.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger